WHAT IS THE “BOX”?
The Box is the visible lines connecting our shoulders, ribs, and hips, creating a box known as The Powerhouse.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- How to use the bodies’ Box to make corrections, direct spinal movement, and to understand the motion of movement.
- You will learn basic corrections from a place of finding your shape and making corrections that are easy to communicate and simple for clients to follow, understand, and self-correct.
- Rib and hip connections.
- Yes, you should be able to breathe without splaying the ribs
- Shoulder and rib connection.
- How to open the shoulders without arching the back
- Pelvic alignment
- Is it neutral? What is neutral? Is it “tucked” (posterior tilt)?
- The 5 directions that the spine moves and how to make sure you keep your shape.
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
• Teachers who want to be able to give efficient quick cues without over-explaining the body. (We all know how bored we get when we are given an anatomy class when all we want to do is MOVE!)
• Students/clients who want to dive deeper into the work of Pilates for their own practice.
• Anyone who teaches a movement modality and wants to dive deeper into core connections.
$99 /2 hr Virtual Workshop
When: Friday, May 29th
Time: 10 am – 12 pm EST
Materials needed: Mat, wall, mirror, Colored tape, string/yarn, dowel rod, or bar.
To enroll simply click the PayPal link below. Once your payment has been received, a member of the Warehouse Team will send a follow-up email that will contain a Zoom link.
For more information, please contact Brenda@WarehousePilates
133 W. Main Street
Northville, MI 48167
FREE parking located in the back of
Mon: 8:30am-12:30pm & 5:30pm-7:30pm
Tues: 6:30am- 11:30am & 5:30pm-8:30pm
Wed: 8:30am-12:30pm & 5:30pm-7:30pm
Thur: 6:30am-11:30am & 6:30pm-8:30pm
Fri: 8:30am – 12:30pm
Sat: 8:30am- 12:30pm